Monday, February 23, 2015

But these cuts I have / they need love to help them heal


It's funny: I had a dream last night that I was watching a George Michael concert, and every detail was clear, down to the production style (black and white, stark), costumes (freaky jacket covered in thin silver spines), choreography (contortionism, including a song sung from plank pose), and guests (Jody Watley). George performed "Bennie and the Jets."

Hours later, I've hauled out Dad's Elton Greatest Hits and spun it since I'm unexpectedly working on my sofa today, and "Bennie and the Jets" plays, followed by (and I knew this already, but still) "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me," which GM actually has covered live and beyond.

There are no coincidences? Of course my next navigation was here.

No, I am not that prescient.

But I did need to hear this song today. Oh, the cold chills when EJ sings

I can't find, oh the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal



No comments: