Monday, November 23, 2015

Today's Shuffle (Evening Edition): You must fly closer to the sea

I thought about simplicity today, in terms of letting go of everything that is not needed. Worn-out but still admired shoes. Faded papers. Flat pillows. Old, unloving thoughts. 

Then I heard Sinead's a capella koan, which I probably haven't heard in a couple of decades.

No other words needed. 

Sinead O'Connor, I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got 
Nneka, Africans Concrete Jungle
George Harrison, Beware of Darkness All Things Must Pass
Willie Nelson, One in a Row One Hell of a Ride
Rufus Wainwright, Go Or Go Ahead Want One
David Bowie, Five Years Stage 
David Bowie, A New Career in a New Town Low
Matthew Sweet, Divine Intervention Girlfriend
Depeche Mode, Halo Violator
Angie Stone, 20 Dollars Mahogany Soul


No comments: