Sunday, April 18, 2021

I am on the road to see if anything is anywhere and waiting just for me.

This one is pretty ponderous for a LRB song. They seem to be able to get it done more efficiently and dreamily later, but here, they seemed aimed directly at CSN's Laurel Canyon backyard jams from several years before, executing it at jam length for sure. My favorite soft rock internet radio station sure does love it, and I hadn't heard this in a while, until today, simply because I've become profoundly tired of hearing year-old, now kind-of-irrelevant-guys PSAs intoned between the Dan and and Lobo.

But I went back to this place that's been the weighted blanket/plate of buttery mashed potatoes for me a solid year: Styx telling me "Babe, I love you," the Dan reminding me I don't have to "do the dirty work no more," and George reiterating that the sun, here it comes. 


No comments: