Monday, April 05, 2021

Spring is here again.

This is a recycled post. This date comes up every year. Someone I never knew but who loomed over a short but significant time of my life end it on this day. I was sitting at a desk, as I have, ad infinitum, when I found out from my older-but-not-that-much-that-he-didn't-know-Nirvana boss that, yep, that was it. Or someone called me, because that's how you found out anything then, someone made a real effort of physical movement to a phone or your location to utter words to tell you. I guess someone could have mailed me a letter, but that's even more work, for chrissakes. 

What I would like to repeat is this song, a perfect marriage of sound and meaning, and what I said 9 years ago about it:

I like Kurt most of all because he was a keen observer of human behavior, and I think that skill is simply visceral in this song. 


No comments: