Thursday, February 18, 2021

You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet

I never liked dystopian stuff. I always found it scary and, under the outright fear, too possible. 

What do you do when you suspect you have been living in it? Skim the surface of it all. Look at the bloody sky and trees even if they are barren. Find birdsong where ever you can. Roll back or ahead with something like this. The best song ever written?

I think I bought this full CD sometime around 99 so I could get hold of this song. It's deeply tied to being here, so that's probably why. Or I took it off of the hands my roommate or someone* who didn't want it. 

No, I acquired it likely all the walking around I did, especially on those three arteries, starting to understand the city through my feet.

Now, I'm stranded, limited to a tight grid of bungalows and brick flats and bland developer cash cows. But I can go back, if I can't walk forward right now.

*I remember who now

No comments: