Thursday, March 04, 2021

I've been feelin' down some too

God, these days it's like having to drag myself to ... anything I have had to drag myself to to get here and get posting. Instead of fretting over the shift from shimmering efficiency and inspiration to slug, I'll instead list things I used to drag myself to:

the shower

the dentist

work meetings

work

bed if I fell asleep on the couch ca. 2006-09 (I blame the 11:00 pm Oprah show, going out, and Second City)

memories of what this song used to mean

the litterbox (to change it)

I guess the last one is the only one I still drag to. And work, even though "dragging oneself" is plugging in some shit and cracking open a computer. Duh.

I'm not going to the second-to-last one. When the you that once was you isn't you any more, why?

Unless it is still you. Not going to fret about that one, either.


No comments: