Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Today's Shuffle: Life is beautiful.

Damn, you're good. You're really good.

David Bowie, Rock n Roll Suicide  The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Grand Resonant, Central  Hernán Cattáneo Renaissance: The Masters
Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Sleepless Nights (live) Goodbye, Cruel World
New Order, 5 8 6  Power, Corruption and Lies
The Replacements, Talent Show Don't Tell A Soul
Tears for Fears, New Star  Saturnine Martial and Lunatic
Radiohead, Go To Sleep (Little Man Being Erased)  Hail To The Thief
LCD Soundsystem, All I Want  This Is Happening
Radiohead, Ripcord  Pablo Honey
Weezer, Undone (The Sweater Song)  Weezer
Erykah Badu, A.D. 2000  Mama's Gun
Roxy Music, More Than This  Avalon

I queued up this track for the last several meters of the half marathon I ran on Saturday night in Los Angeles--on my other iPod.  Damn, you're good.

This track pushed me to finish mid-sized to long runs when I had just started doing them two years ago. March, April of that year I was dragging my arse out Cortland to Lincoln Park and back at night, running at 8 or 9 pm when I just could no longer deal with the day. One night I got out of bed, where I'd climbed in immediately after work to completely shut down, and ran this five-miler.

Finishing 13.1 in Los Angeles to this tune, then, and looking up at the downtown skyline from the finishers' corrall, was a sort of completion. Hearing it again today was euphoric.




No comments: