Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I feel a tropical vacation this year

Funny, I always thought that this was the novelty song.



But the band of many names, under yet another name, backed Steve Martin's "condo made of stone-a."

But I heard this track all of a sudden a few nights ago and was instantly delighted.

Maybe it was the chronological proximity to another weightless rum-drink daydream--the last Billboard Number One of the 70s, naturally--that draws/drew me to it (and, re: that video - who knew that an Apple programmer moonlighted as a pop star?).

I also wonder if Jimmy Buffett ever called since The Dirt Band lifted the opening of "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes."

No; it must be the rum that has me drop everything and turn up for these three. And I am booking my summer beach vacation travel today.

No comments: