Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Today's Shuffle: I left that house on fire and I never went back

I was here until late last night--later than I anticipated, because how do you tear yourself away when Kim Deal is twelve feet away from you, crooning, "No by, no aloha?"

Thanks for the affirmation first thing this morning, then...

Pixies, I Bleed Doolittle
The Jam, In The City In The City
New Order, 586 Power, Corruption and Lies
Buena Vista Social Club, Candela Buena Vista Social Club
Groove Armada, I See You, Baby The Best of Groove Armada
James, Out To Get You Laid
The Dining Rooms, Tunnel Tre
The Cure, Shiver And Shake Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
The Cure, Hot Hot Hot!!! Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me 
LCD Soundsystem, Someone Great Sound of Silver
Sam Cooke, Loveable Portrait of a Legend
The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset Something Else By The Kinks

I wish that Robert Smith (solo, or better yet as The Cure) would tour, or play a special show like last night's. No--wait, I want him to do the thing where he'd play the classic album in its entirety, and that it'd be Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me. We're running out of days to mark its 25th anniversary, however.


No comments: